The majority of the uniform items can be bought at supermarkets or high-street shops. However, the Academy blazer can only be bought from The Uniform Shop, also known as Jo Brand, on Harehills Lane.
Boys’ and Girls’ Uniform
- Academy blazer
- Academy year-coloured tie (purchase from the Academy)
- Plain white shirt that buttons up to the top
- Plain black tailored trousers
- Plain black shoes, with a black sole and no heel
- Black, knitted V-neck jumper (optional)
Girls’ Uniform Only
- Plain black knee-length or longer skirt
- Plain black tights
Students can choose to wear a headscarf, but we ask that this is either plain black or navy. The Academy blazer must be worn at all times and sleeves should not be rolled or pushed up.
Trainers, boots and pumps are not allowed. In winter, students may wear boots in bad weather for travelling to and from school, but must bring shoes to change into once they arrive. Belts can be worn but they should be plain and simple.
Hats and coats
Winter hats are permitted in outdoor areas only, but we don’t allow caps or baseball hats. We encourage students to wear coats in cold weather but they must be taken off and carried when inside any buildings.
Jewellery and Make-Up
Students can wear discreet natural make-up. Bright colours are not allowed and we may ask students to remove make up we think is excessive. Jewellery is not allowed and can be confiscated if seen.
- Black, white or blue plain polo shirts
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms – no coloured stripes
- Trainers or pumps (boots for football/rugby optional)